Saturday, April 04, 2009

thankful.

This past week has been eventful. And by eventful I mean it has been full of spending time with friends. I have never really been the kind of person who makes friends very quickly. Nor do they come in high volumes when I do. Growing up I've always had a small and very close friend base. And in those times when life calls us to go our separate ways, it becomes a big deal to me. But my time here in Auburn has taught me much about learning how to let go.

So that cycle has come once again while I have been in Auburn. Friends get engaged, friends graduate and move away, friends pursuing a calling. And so it forces me to find a new friend base. And how does one do that? I guess you can go find new friends, like you find a new pair of shoes. Or...not. As old friends go, new friends come in. And always with impeccable timing, it seems. And so this past week I have been spending time with a new group of people and just getting to know and talk to people I don't think I would normally talk to. And I find all this refreshing. All this change around me--I don't even recognize my surroundings.

I believe that the people you associate with influence you in pieces. So as I start to know these new and interesting people, I know that somewhere in me, I am changing as well. And Change has been pretty much my theme these days.

I am so thankful for these people that have been pretty much dropped into my life. Joy.

So, yay for Change.

No comments: