Thursday, November 06, 2008

seasons of life.

We experience life in seasons. A short span of time, place, and theme. Every instance is but a mere paragraph, every day but a page. And just as quick and effortless it is to turn a page, so to do these moments we experience, end. Life is a journey and every step we take is written in the empty pages. We too often stay stationary in stagnant waters. Don't you know that running water never grows stale? Life was meant to move forward. Pages were meant to be turned and stories meant to continue on. I wonder what He writes after every step I take. And does he write with his face fixed and intense with concentration? Or maybe with a smile? Or does He write with disappointment?

The seasons are changing. And I am becoming something else. A friend of mine said to strive to be the type of person you should be. It is that person you want and were meant to be whether you realize it or not. It is a hard road to walk but my desire to be better than before fuels me. This is just another season of life. This time in my life that is not necessarily "good" or "bad." There those times that just require us to be something better, something different; Life molds us. We are constantly transposed from one season to another and in the process we are weathered and polished much like a rare jewel. The the dullness, the dirt, and grime are carved away and we realize that we are something more than what we seem. And it is something beautiful. I guess I see life as a refining tool God uses to make us the beautiful things he intended us to be. A beauty that is deep inside all of us.

No comments: