Fridays tend to be just as busy as any other day of the week. But this Friday was a little slower than usual. I was able to end the day with coffee with a close friend. We try to meet at least every two weeks or so. And since he was leaving for Chicago for break, I was especially glad to see him.
We always have the most interesting conversation about life, film, the German language, and faith with him, among other things. He keeps me sharp which I am grateful for. Along with being able to have great conversation, he usually does well to keep me formed of local performances. He told me that the Auburn Community Orchestra and Auburn University Concert Choir were performing at a local high school. They performed Mendelssohn's "Reformation" and Prokofiev's "Alexander Nevsky." The Prokofiev piece was amazing. I am usually partial to German composers but the type of music that Russian composers write doesn't compare. It's at a completely different level. The music they write have dark and brooding themes that cut into you, pierces you. It grabs your soul. The rush I felt from those dissonant melodies were euphoric. I love feeling music.
The night sky was beautiful Saturday after the concert. I enjoy the stillness of the night. Sometimes I just stand under the night sky looking up at stars and just zone out. The darkness gives life mystery.
This weekend was good. And tonight (Sunday) I'm just in thought, really. I feel the sleep whispering in my ear. I think I better get ready for bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment